Saturday, July 7, 2007

Lots of New Stickers!!!


Watch the GTI fill up with Stickers - We were SO excited to go to our PO Box and find lots of envelopes with stickers in them!!!! Thank You Everyone :)

And another side sticker has been added.

Save the ta-tas: S is a girlfriend of mine going back to 10 years old and I could write a book about our friendship over the last 25 years and how much she means to me, but I'll spare you all that on this blog and just say that when L and I were married she was part of the deal and when G married S he was stuck with me as well :) S&G did not write anything to us regarding this sticker but I will say that Breast Cancer has effected people we love and hold dear and I will proudly put this sticker on my car to raise awareness and funds for a cure. Thank You S&G, we know how much this means to you both.

Loose Lucy's and Mexicali Blues: our friend/neighbor S gave us these stickers. S wrote "I knew I had some cool stickers somewhere. I just had to find them."

Yes, a short and sweet note from someone who ironically is an author for a living :) L was thrilled when we received these stickers b/c Mexicali Blues and Loose Lucy are both Grateful Dead tunes (I had no idea). I did a little online research and found out that Loose Lucy's is located in South Carolina and Georgia and they sell lots of Dead stuff, looks like a great shop. Mexicali Blues is located in Freeport Maine and also sells a lot of Dead stuff. Thank You S - you made my hubby extremely happy :)

Woodman's, Black Dog, Jimmy Seas: our friend S (G & Z too), who we met through our friend S sent us these stickers. S wrote "Well here you go, some stickers from my past trips to the Vineyard and an ol' time favorite of the North Shore. For years a group of my friends and I would summer in the Vineyard. Had to get a black dog t-shirt with the date on it to symbolize our trip. So I have included a Black Dog sticker. Also the best place to eat on the Vineyard was Jimmy Seas - big time garlic place and oooohhhhhh ooooooohhhhhh good! Woodman's is such a North Shore landmark. Z and I took G this year for Father's Day and we picked up a sticker for your car."

Thank You so much S. It certainly makes us happy when we hear stories about how people were somewhere and took the time to think of us and send a sticker - it is an honor - and I agree, Woodman's IS a North Shore landmark! Ironically, I've always wanted a black dog sticker, t-shirt or whatever but I never actually got anything from them so thanks very much for the black dog sticker. Although I've never been to the Vineyard I do know that if I am ever there I will certainly go to Jimmy Seas b/c garlic is yummy :)

Pilgrim Monument: our friend/neighbor D sent us this sticker. D wrote "Here is one from P-town that I got last summer!"

Thank you very much D! Although I have been to P-town a bunch of times over the years before I met L, I have not been in the last six, and L has never been so I think at some point we need to take the boat from Boston down there one day. From what I remember there is great food and lots of shopping :)

Brockton Blue Dog Shelter: our friends G,D&J sent us this sticker. L has known D since their freshman year at Northeastern over 15 years ago and the cat mentioned in this story is one L knew well. G wrote "Here is a Brockton Blue Dog Shelter sticker. As you know, our animals are an important part of our family and this shelter is a "no kill shelter". They will care for all animals until they find the right home. I went to this shelter after our golden retriever, LuLu May's, cat friend Isabelle fell ill and we had to put her to sleep. Isabelle was a dear kitty and was LuLu May's buddy, they would sit next to each other and look out the window together. Isabelle was also D's cat from college. We thought that LuLu might enjoy another companion. So I looked online and saw that a golden pup was coming in on 3/21/07. I knew that many people would want this pup. The shelter opens at 6am so I got there at 4:30am so that I would be first in line. D kept calling me nuts, but I knew that LuLu would like this puppy. Well, the rest is history, Hadley came home on 3/21/07 and is now 6 months old and loves his new home and LuLu has someone to play with. So Brockton Blue Dog Shelter has a special place in our heart because it brought joy to our golden LuLu May and to our family."

Thank You for such a great story G! When L found out that Isabelle had to be put down he was sad, but when we came over and met Hadley and LuLu we knew it was all going to be alright. You have two GREAT dogs. For those of you not from MA you might not understand, but there is a total North Shore/South Shore "thing" and so we needed to call the Governors office to make sure it was ok to put a "Brockton" sticker on our car and drive around the North Shore.... he assured us that since your story was so wonderful and the sticker was for a great shelter then it was ok :) I'm just teasing you G... we are proud to have the shelter you and D got Hadley from and can't wait to come down and play with your doggies (and son) again soon!

No comments: