Saturday, July 21, 2007

Our FIRST International Sticker - Five New Stickers Total!

And now Even more On the Side :)


Virginia is for Lovers: my sister-in-law and family sent us this sticker. Although there was no story written with the sticker, I did get the story via phone. R, S and kiddos were in Norfolk Virginia on vacation and were visiting the decommissioned USS Wisconsin battleship. They were taking a tour and it was staffed by volunteer Navy retires. They were asking tons of questions, especially the kids, and one of the Navy retires just gave this sticker to the kids.

Maine you can't get there from here: this sticker is hard to see on the car in the photo from the glare of the sun, but it is to the left of the Woodman's sticker. This sticker is also from my SIL and family. Again no written story with the sticker but a conversation over the phone. My SIL and family live in NY (I know I already established this with with the "CAZ sticker" post) and my MIL & FIL live in Maine. Well my SIL and family were visiting my in-law's in Maine. During their visit they went to Old Orchard Beach for a day trip - on the way down it started to drizzle, and as they were walking around in the drizzle they saw a T-shirt in the window of a shop which had a bald guy on a motorcycle on it that my MIL was interested in (don't ask) so they went inside the shop. Once inside it started to pour rain outside, so they got stuck in the shop for a while and decided to get us a sticker for the GTI. They were looking for an Old Orchard Beach sticker specifically to send L and me but this Maine sticker was all the shop sold... After the rain let up some they all went Candlepin Bowling in Saco Maine :)

Thank You SO Much R, S, A & S for thinking of us as you vacation and go to different places - this is exactly what we are looking for and we are VERY appreciative and love the stickers, keep em coming from all your trips!! Love You All :)

The Grammar Lady is Watching You: J is a girlfriend of mine of 10 years, someone I met when I was working in the Financial world in Boston and have been through lots together with over the years. J is a wonderful woman, someone I really admire: wife, mother, worker and homemaker - phew :) J did not write anything when she sent this sticker but it is certainly appropriate. J has forever been the person I go to for grammar and spelling questions. She has corrected more resumes of mine than I can remember :)

Thank You SO Much J - this is very appropriate coming from you. L certainly LOVED it and thought it was the best thing he has seen in a while, he couldn't wait to get it on the GTI - I swear you and him are soul siblings :) Love You and will chat with you at 7:40 :)

Irish Flag Sticker: well here it is... our very first International sticker and we are THRILLED!! If anyone read N&C's engagement story (ACK sticker) then they know that N's birthday gift was a trip to Ireland. Guess who gave us this sticker and guess where it came from??? :) They had a great visit to Dublin and were able to spend a day visiting the country-side and got some beautiful photos from the Cliff's of Moher. Thank You SO Much N&C, we LOVE our first International Sticker AND we put it on the gas cap just like you suggested :)

Note: the irony of the grammar lady sticker next to the irish flag sticker is that J, who gave us the grammar lady sticker, is married to a great man from Ireland AND also one time when J, M, R & Z were going to Ireland to visit family they ran into N&C at the airport on their way to Spain - very appropriate to have your stickers next to each other I thought, for many reasons!!!

Museum of Science: this sticker is hard to see on the car in the photo from the glare of the sun, but it is in the left hand corner of the rear window. S sent us this sticker, both S & S, another sticker contributor, work at the Museum of Science in Boston and both love working there! Ironically I volunteered at the Museum of Science when I was in High School in the 80's. Like I said, I know they love working there and I also know I loved volunteering there so this sticker is VERY appropriate on the VW - Thank You So Much S :)

Ok, do you see the same theme from this posting that I noticed? Yes, we have five new stickers but no one sent us a story... we love all the stickers and certainly appreciate each and every one of them but we still need a story in your words, not mine - I'm boring :)

Please keep sending stickers and let's cover this GTI - Thank You Everyone :)

1 comment:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hi Carrie,
What a cute idea! We are headed to the Outer Banks of North Carolina pretty soon and we'd be happy to send you an OBX sticker if you don't already have one...

Jane