Monday, July 9, 2007

an update from our author friend/neighbor....

From S: Yes, I am writer by trade that sends short notes, you know chefs eat
hot pockets sometimes, and strippers like to just sit still when they are
not spinning on a pole.

I am glad you liked the stickers.

I found LOOSE LUCY'S in Savannah Georgia when I was migrating to Florida
in 2004. I got a shirt that says :
36,086 songs,
2,317 concerts,
298 cities,
30 years,
11 members,
1 band,
GRATEFUL DEAD

Since, I have been to the Charleston location, and bought other goods. I'm not
sure if they still do it, but they would record a copy of any show for you, that
they had in their archives for free if you brought in blank media. Charleston,
and Savannah are both great Southern Cities even a hardened Bostonian such
as myself find them enthralling.

MEXICALI BLUES is a lot like LOOSE LUCY'S, but they have more random gifts
for sale. I love the old town section of Portland Maine where it sits.
If you ever want to find it, it is tucked away at 9 Moulton St. There is
homemade ice cream on the opposite corner of the block, and one of my favorite
restaurants in the world is down the street. It is simply called "Fore Street"
http://www.forestreet.biz/. and one last thing, go buy a copy of the
BARTENDERS BLACK BOOK, so I can afford to travel and migrate to Florida
and stop at LOOSE LUCY'S, and travel to Portland and eat at FORE STREET.

http://thebartendersblackbook.com/

S, you crack us up - Thanks for writing more :) We agree totally, Fore Street
IS one of the best restaurants EVER!!!! We have eaten there with L's parents
and we were both completely floored. We also agree that everyone
should
purchase a copy of your book!!! Thanks Again :)


No comments: