Sunday, July 15, 2007

Two New Stickers


ACK: our friends/neighbors N&C gave us this sticker and their story is one of true love :) N wrote "Okay, so here's the story for the "ACK" sticker. If you don't know, A-C-K are the call letters of the Nantucket airport. An SUV isn't fully yuppy without an ACK sticker. Growing up, I spent summers on Nantucket. It's one of my favorite places in the world, and C had never been. My family offered to have us both down for 4th of July week, and we jumped at the chance for a vacation there. The weather was damp and rainy for the first two days of our trip. We finally got a nice day, and the first thing I wanted to do was go to my favorite beach. It is the beach Tommy Hilfiger's house looks over, and there are beautiful wild roses all throughout the dunes. We got lunch from my favorite sandwich shop and brought it down to the water. After eating, C pulled out a card and said, "Here's your birthday gift." It was three days before my birthday, and I didn't want to open it. After a small argument, I reluctantly opened the card, and inside was a printed invitation to go to Dublin, Ireland, leaving on my birthday. I was psyched, then he said, "There's one catch." He pulled out a ring and said, "You have to wear this. . . Will you marry me?" He had been waiting for the right moment to give it to me, and the weather made him have to wait. Apparently, it was killing my family because they knew it was coming all week - he secretly had dinner with them the week before to ask permission, and told them his plan. So, we got you an ACK sticker, and now you have a story to go with it."

Thank You N&C - first and foremost Mazal Tov/Congratulations!!!! - we are SO incredibly happy to be showing your engagement spot on the GTI and hope for everything positive throughout your life together :) Your engagement story makes me smile each and every time I hear it and now I can read it anytime I want b/c it is on the blog - yeah! I also have to confess I was secretly obsessed with that show "Wings" from the early 90's and having the ACK sticker on the GTI is somewhat humorous to me b/c of that show :) Again, we are THRILLED for you and look forward to the wedding PLANNING - yeah!!!! Thanks for thinking of us and sharing such a special memory - we are honored :)

NEK: J is a girlfriend of mine from Nursery school - yep, I wrote NURSERY school - J and I weren't close friends during HS or college but as adults and through our "girls club" we reconnected about seven years ago and it has been a true BLESSING ever since :) J, her hubby M, their son MJ and L&Me spend lots of time together and we wouldn't have it any other way. It is SO wonderful when two friends who are close and have known each other forever find out that their husbands also get along fantastically as well. Love You Guys!!! J&M didn't write anything to us about their sticker but I believe I can speak for them on this one.... First of all NEK stands for the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. This is a place where M's parents retired to and bought land. All of M's family spends time up there with his parents. J&M call it their "home away from home" and they find it to be one of the best places to do all their favorite outdoor activities from skiing and snowshoeing in the winter to hiking, golfing and biking in the warmer climates. M's parents have a few horses that everyone in the family goes up and enjoys to ride. It truly is a paradise up there! L&I have been and we can vouch for the fact that the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont is one of the most beautiful places to visit in all seasons!

Thank You SO Much J&M!!! We are incredibly thrilled to have a place which is so special to you both represented on the GTI. Just seeing the NEK sticker on the car makes me smile, it brings back wonderful memories of when we were up there visiting M's parents with you guys and also makes us look forward to a time when you have your second home built on your land up there and we can make many, many more memories in a place that is offers SO much outdoor fun :)

No comments: